Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hooray for IPA!

One of the stores in my area, Total Wine, holds periodic classes and events. Honestly, they're more wine-oriented, but they have a pretty good selection of craft beers, and I love going in and assembling a custom six-pack. I don't drink a great deal, so if I have to buy a six-pack every time I want to try a beer I'll never get to try half of what I want. Buying singles is the way to go for me.

One of their upcoming classes is called Hooray for IPA! The cost is pretty nominal--$15. I don't know much about the class, but it promises English IPA, Belgian IPA, American IPA, American Double/Imperial IPA, and "other hoppy goodness". I'm not sure what that last one means, but I assume it is talking about either other hoppy styles (American Barleywine or American Pilsner, maybe?) or hoppy versions of otherwise not-so-hoppy styles (you know us Americans, more hops are always better!)

 I'll have to check that out and see what they have to offer. I've been interested by their in-store tastings in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment